Thursday, December 13, 2012

Holiday Baking

Yesterday in addition to making the chicken noodle soup I also did our holiday baking. I decided to cut back this year and make five kinds of cookies/ candies. The last few years I've found that I always end up throwing out way too many goodies because I usually make too much or forget to get out cookie plates to our friends. So this year I cut down the number I make and put the cookie plates together right away.

I made fudge (no nuts), peanut butter clusters (they are a cookie/ candy that my mom used to make when I was little), sugar cookies, gingerbread boys (and girls) and individual raspberry swirl cheesecakes. They all turned out delicious! Today the kids decorated the sugar/ gingerbread cookies. They both REALLY like the sprinkles! I kept having to remind them that some people don't like sprinkles. They decided that people that don't like sprinkles must be allergic to them.

Kids decorating cookies

We got the cookie plates all ready to hand out tomorrow. One more thing I can check off my holiday list! Leave a comment with which cookie/ candy you think sounds the best and I will do a blog with the recipe :o)

Cookie plates! Yum!!

Thank you for reading. I hope you are getting things checked off your holiday list. Happy Holidays!!

2 comments:

  1. Looks delicious!! Your kids are just so darn cute! I think the peanut butter clusters sound the most delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say Peanut Butter Clusters! yum! I love that if you don't like sprinkles you must be allergic. Simple as that. lol

    ReplyDelete