Thursday, November 15, 2012

Day 14: Children's Hospital

Last night a couple that I went to high school with lost their little boy to cancer. He was 4 years old and had spent most of his life fighting this awful disease. My heart was heavy this morning as I learned of the news. I'm grateful for him and his family that he will not be in pain any more. But as a mother I can not fathom losing a child. Rest in peace sweet Cash Hyde.

My own kids happened to have doctors appointments today. Kate recently turned 5 so she had her well check. She checked out perfectly :o)

In October of 2011 Jordan was diagnosed with Kawasaki Disease. This was a scary time for our family. It took 5 days to diagnose him. He spent time in the hospital, had numerous echocardiograms done and bloodwork more times then I could count. After we left the hospital he took 4 aspirin every 6 hours round the clock for MONTHS. He continued to have bloodwork done weekly and made trips to the children's hospital for echo's. After all was said and done he came out with a clean bill of health. No heart damage. Praise the Lord!! He has been healthy ever since. But he had to go in today for his one year check up. He also checked out perfectly although we will have to go to the children's hospital for a follow up echo.

Needless to say after experiencing Kawasaki Disease last year with Jordan I have been extra cautious of their health. I talked to them today after their doctor's appointment about being thankful for their health. They are both growing great and are rarely sick. I reminded Jordan about when he was in the hospital last year and we talked about kids that are really sick and have to stay there for weeks, month, years. So the kids decided to donate some toys to those kids so they would have something to play with. Jordan got so bored in the hospital. Once he started feeling better he still had to stay for awhile and was anxious to have something to do. So we decided it would be nice to take toys to the Children's Hospital in Little Rock for the kids there to play with. Both kids went through their rooms and brought out a pile. I plan on taking them to the children's hospital tomorrow.

I am so blessed to have healthy children. Also to have children that are learning to be so gracious to others. I am so proud of them and thank God every day for these wonderful, beautiful little people that he gave to me. Please hug your children extra tight tonight. Thank you for reading. Happy November!!

No comments:

Post a Comment