Friday, November 30, 2012

Wrap up to the month of kindness

Well it has been about a week since my last blog. With Thanksgiving and having company over for the holiday time just slipped away from me...

For our last act of kindness we adopted a kid from the angel tree at Jordan's school. When I explained to the kids that some kids don't get any presents for Christmas because they can't afford them they were amazed. I could see Kate trying to grasp at the fact that some kids don't get presents. My kids have always been very fortunate that they have many people who spoil them. I loved using this opportunity to help them realize that they are lucky. We picked out some new jeans, shirts and of course toys for this little boy!

Over the last month I have seen a change in the kids attitudes. They are way more thankful for the things they have. They also and I think more importantly have been suggesting and asking to do nice things for others. I think that they definitely learned about giving back. It is something that we will continue to randomly do with them. It is important to me that they are kind, giving, compassionate people.

I am excited to go into December. There is so many fun things to do with the holiday's coming up. Buddy The Elf (our elf on a shelf) will be making his first appearance tomorrow and I can not wait for the kids excitement!!

Thank you for reading and for the last time this year Happy November!!

No comments:

Post a Comment