Monday, November 5, 2012

Kindness Day 4: Teachers

Today the kids (and me) are thankful for their teachers. My kids have the BEST teachers this year. We recently moved half way across the country from Oregon to Arkansas and both of their teachers have been beyond helpful in making this transition.

Mrs. Feimster is Jordan's first grade teacher. She has been so kind and patient with him and helping him to get caught up to where he needs to be. Last year he only attended half day kindergarten where as all of his other classmates attended full day. He has struggled with reading and writing but with the help of Mrs. Feimster he has already come leaps and bounds in those departments. I am so thankful that he was placed in her class. He absolutely loves going to school each day and seeing Mrs. Feimster and all of his classmates. To show his appreciation he took her a bouquet of flowers. Hopefully he was also extra kind and helpful but I will find out when I pick him up :o)


Jordan and his bouquet plus a handwritten note

Mrs. Kie is Kate's preschool teacher. She is so wonderful and I really feel like God purposely put Kate in her class. She has been so helpful with things non school related. She has recommended churches, dry cleaners, stores, doctors, etc. She has gone above and beyond to make us feel welcome and to help navigate this new town.
Of course she is also a fantastic teacher. Kate has learned so much and is always excited to tell me all about her day and the new things she has learned. Mrs. Kie does so many fun activities with the kids and is just one of the sweetest, most patient people I have ever met. I definitely would not have the patience to be a preschool teacher and I think that it takes a special person to be one. Kate also took Mrs. Kie flowers with a handwritten note to show her thankfulness.



Kate and her bouquet along with a handwritten note

Kate and her teacher Mrs. Kie


Thank you again for taking the time to read my blog and experience the journey that the kids and I are taking this month in learning to be thankful for the things and people we have in our lives and to show extra kindness to them as well as strangers. Happy November!!

No comments:

Post a Comment