Sunday, November 11, 2012

Kindness Days 9&10

Day 9: Helping each other.
On Saturday we worked on various projects around the house. While sometimes this can be boring for the kiddos they were extra helpful this weekend. Steve spent most of the day Saturday building a fire pit. The kids helped pound in the nails (until Kate hit her finger then it was all up to Jordan). And Jordan spent extra time holding the top on while Steve secured it into place.
During this time our dog Fenway also decided to run away. Something she has never done before so I was a little concerned. Jordan hopped right in the car to help me find her. We just went up the street a little and she was easy to find. Silly dog!
So while we didn't do any thing for others on Saturday we stressed the importance of helping each other out as a family and accomplishing things together.

The kids helping with the fire pit



Day 10: Car ride conversations.
The kids are always very concerned with who's birthday is coming up next. I think that multiple times a week we talk about who's birthday is coming up next. Grandpa Bill just had his birthday this past week so now we don't have any birthday's until January. So today when the kids asked who's birthday is next I told them that it would be Jesus. This of course brought on lots of questions (mostly by Kate) of what we get Jesus for his birthday and how we give him any presents. I wanted to share a little of the conversation that went on after this question.

Kate "What do we give Jesus for his birthday and how do we give it to him?"
Jordan "You can give him your heart. That's what I did!"
Kate "How do I give him my heart?"
Jordan "You just have to pray and tell him that you give him your heart."
Kate "OK I will for his birthday. Then what do you do?"
Me "Then you try to be good and do the right thing like Jesus wants you to. Like be kind, listen and share."
Both kids "OK! Then who's birthday is after that?"

I love these two beautiful children so much and love that they are always wanting to give of themselves and to help others. And I of course love their sweet conversations. Thank you for reading. Happy November!!

No comments:

Post a Comment