Saturday, November 10, 2012

Kindness Days 7&8

Sorry that I haven't done a posting in the last few days. We have been super busy with life but have still made sure to do our kind acts for the day. I'm hoping that the kids learned that no matter how busy life gets doing something kind for others often only takes a few minutes.

Day 7: Cleaned up a park.
 On the way home from picking Jordan up from school I decided to stop at the park . Since we have lived in Arkansas we haven't done much exploring of the local parks so I decided that it was time. The kids were excited to stop and play for a few minutes. They also thought that while we were there it would be nice to pick up the garbage that others had left behind. I'm so proud that my kiddos are starting to notice things like this and take care of the problem themselves instead of leaving it for others.

Of course they also played at the park.

 


Day 8: Cards for their great grandparents.
My kids are so fortunate to have 7 great grandparents that are still alive and in fairly good health. They love getting to see and play with their great grandparents. Although they don't get to see them too often due to the distance between us all the kids talk about them constantly. So for their kind act on this day they decided that it would be nice to make their great grandparents cards that tell them that they love them. They worked so hard making sure that they each got their very own card. I love that my kids are so thankful for these wonderful people in their lives and that they can show them their love and gratitude.




I have one more thing that I wanted to share from the other day that touched my heart. Kate and I were watching t.v. when a commercial came on for a children's hospital. It was showing little children suffering from cancer that had no hair. Kate wanted to know why those little girls didn't have any hair. I told her that they were very sick and that the medicine they take to make them feel better makes all of their hair fall out. So my sweet little girl who for as long as I remember has wanted to grow her hair out like Disney's Tangeled decided right then and there that when her hair gets long enough she would like to cut it off and give it to those little girls that don't have hair. I am so proud of this little girl with a heart of gold.

Thank you all for reading. Enjoy your weekend and Happy November!!

No comments:

Post a Comment