Sunday, November 4, 2012

Kindness Days 2 & 3

Well we had a busy weekend but throughout it the kids came up with things (people) they were thankful for and showed them kindness.

Day 2: Each other. I am so blessed to be able to say that my kids are best friends. Sometimes they drive each other crazy and fight but ultimately they have an unconditional love for one another. I was so pleased as their momma when Saturday morning I went into Jordan's room while they were playing and asked them what they were thankful for that day and without hesitation they each said the other one.We talked about them doing nice things throughout the day and they explained to me that they had already went through all of their markers and crayons and traded for the other ones favorite colors. Throughout the day they played so well with not even one argument. They helped each other clean up their rooms, spent time playing what each one likes together and finished the night with a movie and a sleep over in Jordan's room. I hope that throughout the rest of their lives that they always remain thankful for each other and continue to let their bond grow stronger and stronger.

Day 3: Us. This morning when I went to find them playing in Kate's room and asked them what they were thankful they said "Mom and Steve". Let me tell you when your small children say that they are thankful for you it just melts your heart. While the kids are helpful every day today was no different. They are always eager to help with their baby brother, whether it's feed him a bottle, play with him or give him his pacifier they always help without complaint.

Kate and I went for a nice walk/ bike ride today. I walked with Will in the stroller and she rode her bike. I love these little moments when we just get to visit and talk about whatever her little heart desires. Today is was everyone's fall decorations on their front porches. To see the world through her eyes is always humorous.

While we walked Steve and Jordan played catch. While I wasn't around to watch most of this activity when I walked up I could see the joy in their eyes and getting to spend some "man time" together.

We ended the evening with baths/ showers for the kids and the nicest thing of all... They ASKED to go to bed and went without a complaint. Jordan had the t.v. on in his room for awhile and turned it off without us asking and went to bed.

I for one am so incredibly thankful to have such wonderful, loving children. But I might be even more thankful that they are thankful for me. Their love makes my life complete :o) Thank you for taking the time to read my blog... Happy November!!

No comments:

Post a Comment