Friday, November 2, 2012

Month of Kindness

The month of November for many people brings on a month of reflection on all that we are thankful for. I for one have a lot to be thankful for. I have a loving husband, wonderful, healthy children, a warm house to sleep in and plenty of food to eat.

 I have been trying to think of ways to teach my kids thankfulness. They have never had to worry about having a bed to sleep in, having supper or getting a warm bath before bed. So I found that they were taking these things for granted and not being thankful for what they had but instead wanting something different for dinner or more toys, not wanting to wear certain clothes, etc.

So for November I am going to be teaching them some "Character Education". Everyday this month we will be talking about what they have to be thankful for and then giving back to those that don't have the same things. Or doing kind things to the people that look out for them and help them such as teachers, firefighters, mailman, etc.

So today is day one. Day one we are all thankful for closets full of warm clothes so we will be donating a bag of clothes to a local shelter so they can hand them out to those who do not have much.

I am excited to see what this month will bring and the lessons that my children will come away with. Please follow my blog throughout the month and let me know what acts of kindess you perform. Happy November!!

No comments:

Post a Comment